Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Questions about 2012 and "The End of the World"

Can somebody tell me where exactly is the prediction in the Mayan Calendar that the world will end in 2012? Does it even exist? Is this just something that someone made up?

Bear with me here. What if we don't know what's going to happen in 2012? What if it's like the edge of an ancient map, where we sail into the unknown and fall off the end of the earth, get eaten by sea dragons, or slide into an enormous pile of cosmic turtle poop?

But what if we use a different map... say one that is based on modern knowledge. On this map, when you reach the edge, maybe you pop up on the other side! What an ingenious idea!

What we need is a calender that works just like that....

(I take no credit for this calender, but I do give credit to this guy for pointing out the obvious.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello James... follow this link and the answers, you will find:

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/19/no-doomsday-in-2012/

;-)

James Rogers said...

Thanks Ian. Once again I can only Facepalm, and I keep come back to the thought that its simply not sufficient for some of these people.